The 2014 Grind is currently closed to registration.
Please contact Becky Wells to be placed on the waitlist
- Championship Format with weighted brackets. Teams will be grouped by similar levels of play to help ensure all games are competititve.
- Awards will be provided for the Champions and Finalists of each bracket.
- Tournament will follow all IWLCA recruiting guidelines. In addition, the management group has worked closely with the IWLCA in the past to know what they are looking for from a premier recruiting event.
- Following all USL rules
- More games and playing time offered by any tournament; offering the athletes MORE playing time to be seen by the college coaches, and offering the teams the best value for their fee
- 20+ Fields all in ONE location
- Games will be played in a different more central part of the complex then compared to 2013, to give easier parking access with multiple entrances.
- Games will be held on some of the most pristine playing fields found on the East Coast
- Athletes will be playing of fields that have been used in some of the nation’s top athletic facilities used by the NFL, MLB and MLS franchises through out the east coast and Midwest, including the Philadelphia Eagles, Union, and Phillies. As well as the Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, Cleveland Browns and the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Fields are sand based with superior drainage.
- Venue is less then 60 minutes from the Philadelphia International Airport, 30 minutes from the Atlantic City International Airport, and less then hour from the Jersey Shore.
- Certified USL Officials will be used on all games, and staff will be on all fields to provide a safe and professional atmosphere.
College Coaches Who Attended and/or Viewed the Games in 2013:
Alderson Broaddus Universtiy
Chestnut Hill College
Coastal Carolina University
College of Saint Elizabeth
East Stroudsburg University
Fresno State University
Grand Valley State University
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
James Madison University
Mount Saint Mary College
Old Dominion University
Richard Stockton College
Saint Francis University
Saint Joseph’s University
Slippery Rock University
The Catholic University of America
The College of New Jersey
University of Rochester
University of Cincinnati
University of Connecticut
University of Massachusetts Lowell
University of Michigan
University of Oregon
University of Pennsylvania
University of Scranton
University of Tampa
Wheeling Jesuit University
West Virginia Wesleyan College
York College (PA)
Ultimate Events, Coach Packet and Front Rush have teamed up again in 2014 to distribute full game tapes and recruit data of every participating The Grind athlete to every collegiate women’s lacrosse coach in the country. College coaches will now be able to recruit more easily and more efficiently. Coaches who were unable to attend the event will now have access to every game ‘on-demand’ through Front Rush’s Coach Packet Video product. If a Coach wants to evaluate an athlete in-depth or missed a top recruit, Coach Packet Video will provide full game footage, along with the athlete’s recruit information.
Please note, all RSVP’d coaches will receive electronic rosters and a grid schedule, prior to the event. Schedules and a Recruiting binders will also be available at the event for the college coaches. If you would like to attend this tournament to recruit, please RSVP by emailing Becky Wells
Please check back as we are updating this section with information on ordering highlight videos, as well as recruiting tips!
2015–2018 – pure and mixed age groups (Rising Seniors through Rising Freshman): Play Saturday, July 12, 2014-Sunday, July 13, 2014
2019–2021 – pure and mixed age groups (Rising 8th Graders through Rising 6th Graders): Play Friday, July 11, 2014-Saturday, July 12, 2014
No one who has graduated high school is permitted to play in this event.
Schedule – Below are the results from 2013
2014 Grit Division – Results
2015 Fire Division – Results
2016 Spark Division – Results
2017 Tough Division – Results
2018 Shred Division – Results
2019 Hustle Division – Results
2020 Fight Division – Results
- FULL regulation size fields
- All teams guaranteed 5 games; 4 pool play games with the ability to play at least 1 playoff game.
- Pool Play games are 50 minutes: 2 x 25 minutes halves with a 5 minute half time
- Playoff games are 40 minutes: 2 x 20 minute halves with a 5 minute half time.
- Running clock with a central horn
a $250 deposit is due at time of registration and is needed to secure your spot.
ALL FEES are NON REFUNDABLE and MUST be RECEIVED PRIOR to the EVENT in order to be placed on the schedule!
Policies & Procedures
- Hotel Policy – If you are in need of hotel accommodations, please feel free to secure housing on your own at this time. If you would like assistance, please contact the tournament at [email protected] for a listing of preferred hotels.
- ALL participants MUST be US Lacrosse Members in order to participate in the tournament. Athletes must provide your US Lacrosse membership numbers as well as expiration date when they complete their waiver. If they are not currently a member, please visit this site to sign up, as well as receive information on potential benefits
- Weather Policy – We play an outdoor sport and are subject to elements that are out of the tournaments control. The majority of tournament expenses are paid prior to the event. As such, in the event of inclement weather and full games are missed, there may be a portion of your fee refunded or credited towards the following years. We will NOT refund or credit for portion of games being missed. Under no circumstances will any refund or credit be offered to any individual player or family. All issues surrounding missed games will be dealt with between the tournament and team Coach or Director. Teams will be notified with in 2 weeks after the event if they are eligible for a partial refund OR credit due to any missed games. The tournament reserves the right to alter all game schedules in order to keep the tournament participants safe and/or to keep on time.
Thursday, May 1, 2014: Final Balance DUE
Friday, June 13, 2014: Rosters are DUE
*Please note, if you are having difficulties with reaching this deadline please contact us, we will be glad to work with you where possible!
Friday, June 27, 2014: Schedule posted
Friday, July 11, 2014: THE GRIND BEGINS for 2019-2021s!
Saturday, July 12, 2014: THE GRIND BEGINS for 2015-2018s!
Sponsorship & Vending
If you are interested in vending at this event, please click HERE to apply
For all vending questions, please contact Keith Jacoby at [email protected]
If you are interested in being a sponsor, please contact Becky Wells at (484) 883-3797 or [email protected]
For Further Information
Please contact Becky Wells, Co-Director, at (484) 883-3797 or [email protected]
- MAX of 22 players/team; MIN of 15 players/team
- Rosters and waivers will be due by Monday, June 24, 2013
- Rosters and waivers will be submitted electronically; further details to follow
- All players must be USL members. Their membership numbers will be captured during the registration process. Further details below.
Tuckahoe Turf Farm, Hammonton, NJ – 20 fields in one location!
(GPS address: 608 Fleming Pike, Hammonton, NJ 08037)
Online registration not available for this event.