Player Registration is NOW CLOSED. As such, you can no longer complete the online waiver. If you missed the player registration deadline, you can still participate in the tournament, you will just now need to fill out the hard waiver. Please click here for the Hard Waiver. This form needs to be turned in at tournament headquarters. There will be one at each site.
This event is fully booked.
The Grind Waiver
I, the undersigned, on behalf of the Participant and for myself and my spouse, my family members, heirs, executors, administrators, representatives and any other third parties entitled to assert any rights by, through or under the Participant or any of the foregoing ("Releasors"), for good and valuable consideration and intending to be legally bound, hereby agree as follows:
- Released Parties: I am signing this Agreement for the benefit of the organizers and directors of the Roundup and Ultimate Events and Sports Management Co. Inc., Tuckahoe Turf Farm, the owners or occupiers of Event (defined below) venues (including fields and parking facilities), Event coaches, officials, supervisors, medical directors, trainers, good Samaritans, spectators, vendors, volunteers and sponsors, and the respective trustees, directors, officers, members, managers, agents, staff, volunteers, employees, heirs, executors and assigns of any and all of the foregoing (collectively, the "Released Parties").
- Assumption of Risks, Injuries and Losses: I am aware of the risks related to Participant's voluntary participation in the Roundup Lacrosse Tournament, a competitive youth lacrosse tournament (the "Event"). These risks are often unpredictable but are inherent in the game of lacrosse - a contact sport involving stick checks, body collisions and a hard rubber, high speed projectile. Risks include, but are not limited to, serious physical and/or emotional injury or disability, which may be temporary or permanent, and, in rare cases, death, and may be caused by field, weather, health or other conditions and/or the actions or inactions of Participant or others on or off the field of play, whether on Event grounds or on facilities being used by the Event, whether before, during or after games, and may include the negligence of one or more of the Released Parties. I knowingly and willingly assume all such risk as well as responsibility for all personal and/or economic injuries, losses, damages, costs and expenses of any kind or nature, whether known or unknown, which Participant (or any Releasor) might sustain in connection with the Event (collectively, "Injuries and Losses"), and hereby consent to Participant's participation despite the risks.
- Authorization Regarding Care/Treatment: I authorize Released Parties to provide care and treatment or take any necessary action, in their best judgment under the circumstances, to help Participant in connection with Injuries and Losses or in any urgent or emergent situation.
- Certification Regarding Good Health and Sportsmanship. I certify that Participant is (i) in good health and has no health-related disability or condition that would make participation in the Event hazardous to him or others, and (ii) covered by the health insurance disclosed in connection with this registration process. Participant promises to behave in a sportsmanlike manner. I understand that inappropriate behavior can result in, among other things, disqualification or expulsion from a game or the Event altogether.
- Media/Marketing Waiver; Use of Name and Image. I consent to the Event's use of Participant's name, image, voice and identity for media, marketing, promotional and related purposes. I grant the Event and its operators the right to use the foregoing orally and in written materials, website materials, video, audio or other forms of communication, all without prior notice or compensation. I understand the Event and its operators may be asked to permit third parties, including, without limitation, newspapers, media outlets and visitors bureaus, to use the foregoing and that the Event may rely on this consent in doing so.
- Release, Covenant and Indemnity. I fully and forever give up, release and discharge the Released Parties from and against all claims or causes of action for Injuries and Losses, which Participant (or any Releasor) has, may have had, or may in the future have regarding or relating in any way to Participant's participation in the Event. I covenant not to sue any Released Parties for any Injuries and Losses and agree to reimburse, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each Released Party from and against all damages, losses, settlements, liabilities, costs and expenses (including court costs and reasonable attorneys' fees) incurred, suffered or sustained by any Release Party which arise from or are attributable to Participant's participation in the Event or incident to enforcement of this Agreement.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND I AM GIVING UP IMPORTANT LEGAL RIGHTS. I HAVE EITHER CONSULTED AN ATTORNEY OR KNOWINGLY OPTED NOT TO DO SO. I HAVE AUTHORITY TO SIGN THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF THE PARTICIPANT AND THE RELEASORS.
If any provision of this Agreement or the application thereof is deemed to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder hereof shall not be affected thereby and shall be enforceable to full extent permitted by law.