Policies & Procedures
Sponsorship & Vending
- One of the LARGEST and MOST COMPETITIVE tournaments in the Nation! Bringing together teams from ALL across the country and International teams!
- Championship Format with weighted brackets. Teams will be grouped by similar levels of play to help ensure all games are competitive.
- Awards will be provided for the Champions of each bracket.
- Over 250 college coaches attended in 2018.
- Following all USL rules
- More playing time offered by most tournaments; offering the athletes MORE playing time to be seen by the college coaches, and offering the teams the best value for their fee
- Certified USL Officials will be used on all games, and staff will be on all fields to provide a safe and professional atmosphere.
We are pleased to announce that we are working with JETT Travel Inc. to provide our teams with their housing needs. If you are in need of housing, please use the information and booking link below to reserve your overnight accommodations. This is a STAY TO PLAY tournament and all reservations must be made through the JETT Travel booking system! Please contact JETT Travel, email@example.com, if you have any questions or need any assistance.
Option 1- Send the booking link out to your teams and allow them to book wherever they choose to book individually.
Option 2-Have a team manager or coach hold room blocks for your families. The team manager will then send out the block information and families will book within that block. Blocks will only be held for 14 days. Rooms that are not picked up within your block after the 14 days will be released back into the system.
SUGGESTIONS FOR BOOKING A BLOCK FOR YOUR TEAM: Enter the check in date you wish to start the block, number of nights you wish to stay, and then select 1 room and click check rates. On the next screen, click on view rates for a property you would like to select. If the property has the ability to accommodate a block, a green “hold block” button will appear with the amount of rooms available in red. To book the block, click on the green button and fill out the information on the next screen!
Click here to BOOK YOUR ROOM
Send this link to parents/families: http://groups.reservetravel.com/group.aspx?id=30595
Colleges who attended in 2018:
Alderson Broaddus University
Bryn Athyn College
Bryn Mawr College
Chestnut Hill College
Christopher Newport University
Coastal Carolina University
Colorado State- Pueblo
Delaware Valley University
East Stroudsburg University
Fairleigh Dickinson University
Florida Southern College
Franklin and Marshal College
Frostburg State University
Grand Valley State University
Gwynedd Mercy University
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Johns Hopkins Unviversity
Kennesaw State University
Lancaster Bible College
Lebanon Valley College
Little Rock University
Lock Haven University
Long Island University
Mount Aloysius College
North Carolina Wesleyan College
North Greenville University
Notre Dame of Maryland University
Ohio Northern University
Penn State University
Robert Morris University
Robert Wesleyan University
Saint Josephs University
Saint Leo University
San Diego State University
Seton Hill University
Slippery Rock University
Southern Connecticut State University
Southern Wesleyan University
St. Francis University
St. Mary’s College
The College of New Jersey
The Savannah College of Art and Design
University of Bridgeport
University of California, Davis
University of Charleston
University of Cincinnati
University of Connecticut
University of Cumberlands
University of Delaware
University of Detroit Mercy
University of District of Columbia
University of Findlay
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
University of Massachusetts
University of Michigan
University of Virginia-Wise
University of Richmond
Upper Iowa University
US Naval Academy
Virginia Commonwealth University
Virginia Wesleyan University
Washington & Jefferson College
West Chester University
William & Mary
York College of PA
Young Harris College
Please note, all RSVP’d coaches will receive electronic rosters and a grid schedule as well, prior to the event. In addition all rosters and schedules will be in Coach Packet. If you would like to attend this tournament to recruit, please RSVP by emailing Becky Wells
Ultimate Events and Sports has teamed up with ConnectLax and Coach Packet in 2018 to bring the college coaches and participants the best video coverage and profile distribution. ConnectLax is the exclusive video provider for this event, and Coach Packet will provide all electronic player profiles to all coaches in the country. All fields with 2020-2023s ONLY will be filmed and distributed for FREE to all college coaches in the Nation through Coach Packet. All games are filmed at elevation in professional HD. Individual game film or highlight video for the participants will be available to purchase through ConnectLax.
To order INDIVIDUAL GAME FILM:
For ordering TEAM FILM – CLICK HERE
Here is why you should choose this event for video: CLICK HERE.
Note: All game film will be provided to all college coaches in the Nation so that they do not miss any of your games!
Ultimate Events and Sports is doing their part in securing commitments from some of the Nation’s top institutions, but it is also highly advised that the athletes do their part. If an athlete is interested in a particular program or school, it is suggested that the athlete contact the coach. Let them know who you are, your team name, that you are interested in their program, and that you will be attending The Grind!
2020–2026 – pure and mixed age groups (Rising Seniors through Rising 6th Graders): Play Saturday, July 6, 2019 AND Sunday, July 7, 2019
No one who has graduated high school is permitted to play in this event.
CLICK HERE for the 2018 Grind Results
Please sign up for notifications in TOURNEY MACHINE. Green button at the top. We will be using Tourney Machine for communication during the event!
- FULL regulation size fields
- All teams guaranteed 4 games over 2 days; 5 possible games via playoffs
- Running clock with a central horn
- Championship format
$1650/team; includes a $450 deposit, which is due at time of registration and is needed to secure your spot
ALL FEES are NON REFUNDABLE and NON TRANSFERABLE; FEES MUST be RECEIVED PRIOR to the EVENT in order to be placed on the schedule!
2019 Tournament Rules and Scoring Procedures
Policies & Procedures
- ALL participants MUST be US Lacrosse Members in order to participate in the tournament. Athletes must provide your US Lacrosse membership numbers as well as expiration date when they complete their waiver. If they are not currently a member, please visit this site to sign up, as well as receive information on potential benefits
- Weather Policy – We play an outdoor sport and are subject to elements that are out of the tournaments control. The majority of tournament expenses are paid prior to the event. As such, in the event of inclement weather and full games are missed, there may be a portion of your fee refunded or credited towards the following years. We will NOT refund or credit for portion of games being missed. Under no circumstances will any refund or credit be offered to any individual player or family. All issues surrounding missed games will be dealt with between the tournament and team Coach or Director. Teams will be notified with in 2 weeks after the event if they are eligible for a partial refund OR credit due to any missed games. The tournament reserves the right to alter all game schedules in order to keep the tournament participants safe and/or to keep on time.
Registration OPENS: Tuesday, August 21, 2019 at 12pm
Housing Requests OPEN: Monday, October 1, 2018
Balance Due: Friday, March 1, 2019
Roster Deadline: TBD
Waiver Deadline: TBD
Pools to Directors: Approximately 1 month prior to event
Schedule Release: By Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Sponsorship & Vending
If you are interested in vending at this event, please contact J Hackney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 856-217-7133
For all sponsorship questions, please contact Keith Jacoby at Keith@ultimateeventsandsports.com
For Further Information
Please contact Chelsea Sandone, at (484) 302-5057 or Chelsea@ultimateeventsandsports.com
- MAX of 22 players/team; MIN of 18 players/team
- Rosters will be due by TBA
- Rosters and waivers will be submitted electronically; further details above under “Important Dates”
- All players must be USL members. Their membership numbers will be captured during the registration process. Further details below.
Sites are listed below:
West Chester University (Fields 1-9)
875 S New Street
West Chester, PA 19382
Click HERE for WCU FIELD MAP
Line Road Athletic Complex/GCVSA Fields (Fields 10-16)
137 Line Road
Malvern, PA 19355
Click HERE for LINE ROAD/GCVSA FIELD MAP
Great Valley High School (Fields 17-21)
225 Phoenixville Pike
Malvern, PA 19355
Click HERE for GREAT VALLEY FIELD MAP
Westtown School (Fields 22-31)
975 Westtown Road
West Chester, PA 19382
Click HERE for WESTTOWN SCHOOL FIELD MAP
Bishop Shanahan High School (Fields 32-35)
220 Woodbine Road
Downingtown, PA 19335
CLICK HERE for BISHOP SHANAHAN FIELD MAP
Online registration not available for this event.