Policies & Procedures
Sponsorship & Vending
- Championship Format with weighted brackets. Teams will be grouped by similar levels of play to help ensure all games are competititve.
- Awards will be provided for the Champions and Finalists of each bracket.
- Management group has worked closely with the IWLCA in the past to know what they are looking for from a premier recruiting event.
- Following all USL rules
- More playing time offered by most tournaments; offering the athletes MORE playing time to be seen by the college coaches, and offering the teams the best value for their fee
- Certified USL Officials will be used on all games, and staff will be on all fields to provide a safe and professional atmosphere.
We are pleased to announce that we are working with JETT Travel, Inc. along with the Chester County Visitors Bureau to provide our teams with their housing needs. If you are in need of housing please submit your request by CLICKING HERE. You will be contacted with a list of available housing.
Please note, these hotels are for GROUP RESERVATIONS ONLY.
Below is the list of College Coaches who attended The Grind 2015
Army West Point
Central Michigan University
Chestnut Hill College
Franklin & Marshall College
George Washington University
Gwynedd Mercy University
Holy Family University
Illinois Weslyan University
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Lebanon Valley College
Lenoir Rhyne University
Maine Maritime Academy
Old Dominion University
Seton Hill University
Slippery Rock University
St. Francis University
St. Joseph’s University
St. Leo University
University of Cincinnati
University of Delaware
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
University of Richmond
University of Scranton
Virginia Commonwealth University
Washington and Jefferson College
West Chester University
York College of PA
Note: We urge players to contact schools that they are interested in that may NOT be on the list below, and let them know they are attending The Grind. Coaches will rsvp up until the event and many will just show-up, so it is recommended for players to contact any school of interest, not just the listed programs below.
Ultimate Events and Sports is excited to announce their new partnership with TeamXStream, formally known as the Film Exchange Network! TeamXStream is currently being used by some of the NCAA’s premier sports, including Women’s Lacrosse, as a way for college teams to share, edit and trade their game video with other college coaches for scouting and educational purposes. Their technology is amazingly fast, intuitive, and offers the college coaches the ability to access high quality game footage from any computer or tablet!
Together with the game video provided by Touchline Video, Ultimate Events and Sports will be able to distribute the game film from their recruiting divisions for FREE to ALL college coaches in the Nation! College Coaches will have access to the video after the tournament via their TeamXStream account.
For more information on TeamXStream (www.teamxstream.com)
Please note, all RSVP’d coaches will receive electronic rosters and a grid schedule as well, prior to the event. Schedules and a Recruiting binders will also be available at the event for the college coaches. If you would like to attend this tournament to recruit, please RSVP by emailing Becky Wells
Ultimate Events and Sports has teamed up with Touchline Video to bring you the best video coverage at the lowest possible price. All fields with 2016-2018s will be filmed, with the opportunity for athletes to purchase individual game film at the lowest rate offered by the majority of other tournaments. Touchline will also offer their professional editing services to create highlight videos at a price that is cheaper then doing it yourself!
Note: All game film will be provided to all college coaches in the nation so that they do not miss any of your games!
Ultimate Events and Sports is doing their part in securing commitments from some of the Nation’s top institutions, but it is also highly advised that the athletes do their part. If an athlete is interested in a particular program or school, it is suggested that the athlete contact that coach. Let them know who you are, your team name, that you are interested in their program, and you will be attending The Grind!
2017–2019 – pure and mixed age groups (Rising Seniors through Rising Sophomores): Play Saturday, July 9, 2016-Sunday, July 10, 2016
2020–2023 – pure and mixed age groups (Rising Freshman through Rising 6th Graders): Play Friday, July 8, 2016-Saturday, July 9, 2016
No one who has graduated high school is permitted to play in this event.
Field Map: See below under Location
- FULL regulation size fields
- All teams guaranteed 4 games; 5th possible games via playoffs.
- 2 x 25 minutes halves with a 5 minute half time
- Running clock with a central horn
- Championship format
$1500/team; includes a $450 deposit, which is due at time of registration and is needed to secure your spot
ALL FEES are NON REFUNDABLE and NON TRANSFERABLE; FEES MUST be RECEIVED PRIOR to the EVENT in order to be placed on the schedule!
Policies & Procedures
- ALL participants MUST be US Lacrosse Members in order to participate in the tournament. Athletes must provide your US Lacrosse membership numbers as well as expiration date when they complete their waiver. If they are not currently a member, please visit this site to sign up, as well as receive information on potential benefits
- Weather Policy – We play an outdoor sport and are subject to elements that are out of the tournaments control. The majority of tournament expenses are paid prior to the event. As such, in the event of inclement weather and full games are missed, there may be a portion of your fee refunded or credited towards the following years. We will NOT refund or credit for portion of games being missed. Under no circumstances will any refund or credit be offered to any individual player or family. All issues surrounding missed games will be dealt with between the tournament and team Coach or Director. Teams will be notified with in 2 weeks after the event if they are eligible for a partial refund OR credit due to any missed games. The tournament reserves the right to alter all game schedules in order to keep the tournament participants safe and/or to keep on time.
Friday, March 4, 2016: Final Balance DUE
Tuesday, March 15, 2016: Will Begin Contacting Waitlist
Friday, May 27, 2016: Roster Forms are DUE
Friday, June 10, 2016: Online Registration is DUE
*Please note, if you are having difficulties with reaching this deadline please contact us, we will be glad to work with you where possible!
Tuesday, June, 28, 2016: Schedule Posted
Friday, July 8, 2016: THE GRIND BEGINS for 2020-2023s!
Saturday, July 9, 2016: THE GRIND BEGINS for 2017-2019s!
Sponsorship & Vending
If you are interested in vending at this event, please click HERE to apply
For all vending questions, please contact Keith Jacoby at Keith@ultimateeventsandsports.com
If you are interested in being a sponsor, please contact Becky Wells at (484) 883-3797 or Becky@ultimateeventsandsports.com
For Further Information
Please contact Becky Wells, Co-Director, at (484) 883-3797 or Becky@ultimateeventsandsports.com
- MAX of 22 players/team; MIN of 18 players/team
- Rosters and waivers will be due by Friday, May 27, 2027
- Rosters and waivers will be submitted electronically; further details to follow
- All players must be USL members. Their membership numbers will be captured during the registration process. Further details below.
We are returning to Chester County in 2015. Sites are listed below:
West Chester University (Fields 1-8)
875 S New Street
West Chester, PA
Click HERE for WCU FIELD MAP
Line Road Athletic Complex/GCVSA Fields (Fields 9-15)
137 Line Road
Malvern, PA 19355
Click HERE for LINE ROAD FIELD MAP
Great Valley High School (Fields 16-20)
225 Phoenixville Pike
Malvern, PA 19355
Click HERE for GREAT VALLEY FIELD MAP
**Note: these venues are less then a 10 minute drive from each other! NO need to adjust any hotels!
Online registration not available for this event.