Policies & Procedures
Sponsorship & Vending
- One of the largest and most competitive tournaments in the Nation!
- Championship Format with weighted brackets. Teams will be grouped by similar levels of play to help ensure all games are competitive.
- Awards will be provided for the Champions of each bracket.
- Management group has worked closely with the IWLCA in the past to know what they are looking for from a premier recruiting event.
- Following all USL rules
- More playing time offered by most tournaments; offering the athletes MORE playing time to be seen by the college coaches, and offering the teams the best value for their fee
- Certified USL Officials will be used on all games, and staff will be on all fields to provide a safe and professional atmosphere.
We are pleased to announce that we are working with JETT Travel Inc. to provide our teams with their housing needs. If you are in need of housing, please use the information and booking link below to reserve your overnight accommodations. This is a STAY TO PLAY tournament and all reservations must be made through the JETT Travel booking system! Please contact JETT Travel, email@example.com, if you have any questions or need any assistance.
Option 1- Send the booking link out to your teams and allow them to book wherever they choose to book individually.
Option 2-Have a team manager or coach hold room blocks for your families. The team manager will then send out the block information and families will book within that block. Blocks will only be held for 14 days. Rooms that are not picked up within your block after the 14 days will be released back into the system.
Click here to BOOK YOUR ROOM (Send this link to parents)
College Coaches who Checked-in at the 2017 Grind
Albertus Magnus College
Belmont Abbey College
Bridgewater College (VA)
Bryn Athyn College
Bryn Mawr College
Carnegie Mellon University
Cedar Crest College
Chestnut Hill College
Christopher Newport University
Coast Guard Academy
Colorado State Pueblo
Delaware Valley University
East Carolina University
East Stroudsburg University
Framingham State University
Franklin & Marshall College
Frostburg State University
George Washington University
Georgian Court University
Gwynedd Mercy University
Holy Family University
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
John Carroll University
Johns Hopkins University
Johnson & Wales University
Kennesaw State University
La Salle University
Lancaster Bible College
Lebanon Valley College
Lock Haven University
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
North Carolina Wesleyan
Notre Dame of Maryland University
Notre Dame University
Old Dominion University
Ohio Northern University
Ohio Wesleyan University
Oklahoma Baptist University
Palm Beach Athletic University
Robert Morris University
Rochester Institute of Technology
Saint Joseph’s University
Saint Leo University
Seton Hill University
Southern New Hampshire University
Southern Vermont College
St. Bonaventure University
Stevens Institute of Technology
The College of New Jersey
University of California Berkeley
University of Chicago
University of Connecticut
University of Delaware
University of Indianapolis
University of Massachusetts
University of Massachusetts Amherst
University of New Haven
University of Notre Dame
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
University of Richmond
University of Scranton
University of Southern California
University of Tampa
Virginia Commonwealth University
Washington & Jefferson College
Western New England University
Wheeling Jesuit University
William & Mary College
York College of PA
Youngstown State University
Please note, all RSVP’d coaches will receive electronic rosters and a grid schedule as well, prior to the event. In addition all rosters and schedules will be in Coach Packet. If you would like to attend this tournament to recruit, please RSVP by emailing Becky Wells
Ultimate Events and Sports has teamed up with ConnectLax and Coach Packet in 2018 to bring the college coaches and participants the best video coverage and profile distribution. ConnectLax is the exclusive video provider for this event, and Coach Packet will provide all electronic player profiles to all coaches in the country. All fields with 2019-2021s ONLY will be filmed and distributed for FREE to all college coaches in the Nation through Coach Packet. All games are filmed at elevation in professional HD. Individual game film or highlight video for the participants will be available to purchase through ConnectLax.
To order INDIVIDUAL GAME FILM:
For ordering TEAM FILM – CLICK HERE
Here is why you should choose this event for video: CLICK HERE.
Note: All game film will be provided to all college coaches in the Nation so that they do not miss any of your games!
Ultimate Events and Sports is doing their part in securing commitments from some of the Nation’s top institutions, but it is also highly advised that the athletes do their part. If an athlete is interested in a particular program or school, it is suggested that the athlete contact the coach. Let them know who you are, your team name, that you are interested in their program, and that you will be attending The Grind!
2019–2021 – pure and mixed age groups (Rising Seniors through Rising Sophomores): Play Saturday, July 7, 2018 – Sunday, July 8, 2018
2022–2025 – pure and mixed age groups (Rising Freshman through Rising 6th Graders): Play Friday, July 6, 2018 – Saturday, July 7, 2018
No one who has graduated high school is permitted to play in this event.
Please sign up for notifications in TOURNEY MACHINE. Green button at the top. We will be using Tourney Machine for communication during the event!
If you have specific schedule requests, please submit via form using this link: SCHEDULE REQUEST Please do not email, only requests submitted in form will be taken into consideration.
- FULL regulation size fields
- All teams guaranteed 4 games; 5th possible games via playoffs
- Running clock with a central horn
- Championship format
$1600/team; includes a $450 deposit, which is due at time of registration and is needed to secure your spot
ALL FEES are NON REFUNDABLE and NON TRANSFERABLE; FEES MUST be RECEIVED PRIOR to the EVENT in order to be placed on the schedule!
Policies & Procedures
- ALL participants MUST be US Lacrosse Members in order to participate in the tournament. Athletes must provide your US Lacrosse membership numbers as well as expiration date when they complete their waiver. If they are not currently a member, please visit this site to sign up, as well as receive information on potential benefits
- Weather Policy – We play an outdoor sport and are subject to elements that are out of the tournaments control. The majority of tournament expenses are paid prior to the event. As such, in the event of inclement weather and full games are missed, there may be a portion of your fee refunded or credited towards the following years. We will NOT refund or credit for portion of games being missed. Under no circumstances will any refund or credit be offered to any individual player or family. All issues surrounding missed games will be dealt with between the tournament and team Coach or Director. Teams will be notified with in 2 weeks after the event if they are eligible for a partial refund OR credit due to any missed games. The tournament reserves the right to alter all game schedules in order to keep the tournament participants safe and/or to keep on time.
Sponsorship & Vending
If you are interested in vending at this event, please click HERE to apply
For all vending and sponsorship questions, please contact Keith Jacoby at Keith@ultimateeventsandsports.com
For Further Information
Please contact Chelsea Sandone, at (484) 302-5057 or Chelsea@ultimateeventsandsports.com
- MAX of 22 players/team; MIN of 18 players/team
- Rosters will be due by TBA
- Rosters and waivers will be submitted electronically; further details above under “Important Dates”
- All players must be USL members. Their membership numbers will be captured during the registration process. Further details below.
Sites are listed below:
West Chester University (Fields 1-9)
875 S New Street
West Chester, PA 19382
Click HERE for WCU FIELD MAP
Line Road Athletic Complex/GCVSA Fields (Fields 10-16)
137 Line Road
Malvern, PA 19355
Click HERE for LINE ROAD/GCVSA FIELD MAP
Great Valley High School (Fields 17-21)
225 Phoenixville Pike
Malvern, PA 19355
Click HERE for GREAT VALLEY FIELD MAP
Westtown School (Fields 22-31)
975 Westtown Road
West Chester, PA 19382
Click HERE for WESTTOWN SCHOOL FIELD MAP
Bishop Shanahan High School (Fields 32-35)
220 Woodbine Road
Downingtown, PA 19335
CLICK HERE for BISHOP SHANAHAN FIELD MAP
Online registration not available for this event.